Location: Columbia, MD
Reporting Relationship: Executive Director, Business Demand Management & Planning
Grade: Senior Associate
FLSA: Exempt/Non-Exempt (for HR to determine)
Consortium Health Plans (www.consortiumhealthplans.com) is an independent company that focuses exclusively on its member / owner Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans’ national account growth efforts. Today, BCBS Plans serve more than 27 million total national account members, which represents over a quarter of the 103 million total Blue Cross Blue Shield members (one in three Americans).
Consortium Health Plans strives to position Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans as the preferred carrier of national accounts. Of the 27 million national account members covered by BCBS Plans, nearly 25 million (92%) hail from Consortium’s 21 member Plans.
Consortium Health Plans is proud of its team of experts in healthcare, technology, software development, data and analytics, actuarial science, underwriting, sales and marketing, and communications. Consortium’s executive leadership team encompasses a broad range of expertise, from strategic planning, benefits consulting, clinical delivery and data analytics, to sales and account management, marketing, and staff development.
The EIT Program Manager is responsible for ensuring the delivery of a portfolio of multiple complex and inter-dependent information technology projects. This includes managing cross project interdependencies and business and stakeholder communications; ensuring program goals align and support departmental and corporate objectives, timeline and budget commitments align, allocation and balancing of shared EIT resources; supporting business case development, scope and deliverable definition; leading vendor acquisitions as well as vendor relationship management and performance specific to the program; and coordinating across EIT and the organization to ensure overall successful program delivery.
Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans are seeking new innovative approaches to grow their National Account client base. Consortium Health Plans is seeking a versatile high-performer with a passion for health care who can work collaboratively with Consortium staff to execute on multiple large and complex projects.
This individual would work closely with all Teams (business and EIT) to ensure collaboration, transparency and timely delivery and reporting on all multi-faceted projects.
The candidate must have strong organizational skills (planning, prioritizing) and communication skills (written, verbal, listening) and a solid understanding of Project methodologies and principles.
- Manages multiple large and complex projects with responsibility for ensuring Domain Owners are meeting scope, timeline, budget, and quality commitments.
- Facilitates decision making, communications, problem resolution, and other associated activities during all phases of large and complex projects using a proactive and positive approach.
- Provides delivery assurance and program health checks for strategic and key initiatives by assessing all aspects from project direction and scope through implementation.
- Establishes controls around all aspects of program and project portfolio initiatives , including business case, scope and deliverable definition, requirements, estimation, progress tracking, status reporting, issue and risk management, change management, testing and quality assurance.
- Designs and implements program and project organizational structures that are cost effective and efficient.
- Establishes open and consistent communication with all levels within the organization, including project teams, stakeholders, management, and all EIT functions.
- Provides appropriate progress updates to management, steering committees, project boards and other stakeholders, using both formal and informal channels. Keeps leadership informed of key issues that may impact project completion, budget, or other results.
- Oversees activities of multiple project managers responsible for individual projects within a program. Holds teams accountable for meeting goals and objectives.
- Responsible for engagement of technical vendors, including working with internal team for RFIs and RFPs, vendor selection and engagement, relationship management and performance measurement.
- Comply with all information privacy and security policies as specified in “Consortium Health Plans Information Privacy & Security Policy Manual”
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong organizational skills (planning, prioritizing) and communication skills (written, verbal, listening).
- Ability to successfully adapt to diverse teams and situations, proactively resolve issues, and strong time management skills.
- Experience in leadership, relationship building, negotiation and influence, and facilitation.
- Experience in effectively interacting with staff and management at all levels, including C-level executives.
- Solid understanding of Project Management methodologies and principles.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Experience in a mentoring/leadership role and influencing others without direct organizational authority.
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT or related field. Experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience with at least 5 years’ experience managing complex multi-system and/or multiple department projects.
- Experience in the health insurance industry is a plus.
- Preferred: Blue system experience and Master’s Degree.
- Tools: Excellent grasp on project and productivity tools such as MS project, Smartsheet, Vision, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to travel locally and nationally (% of time based on a 1950 work hours per year)
- Position requires extensive phone and computer work
Why work at Consortium? Here are 10 great reasons:
- You will hit the ground running on your first day, and learn something new every day after that.
- We offer competitive salaries, a bonus structure, a cash balance pension, and a safe harbor 401(k).
- We have a flexible work schedule and a very generous holiday and paid time-off program.
- We value your drive to continue your education and will support eligible employees through our tuition reimbursement program.
- We are a diverse, highly credentialed group of professionals.
- We are great at what we do and are looking for smart people to join us.
- Our work has an impact on the one-in-three Americans who receive top-notch healthcare benefits through Blue Cross and Blue Shield Companies.
- As a team, we support our local community, and we support team members who raise funds for charitable causes.
- Our company is located next to the Columbia Mall, several great restaurants, the award-winning Toby’s Dinner Theatre, and Merriweather Post Pavilion, a nationally ranked outdoor concert venue.
- We offer free parking and easy access to Route 29 and I-95.