Location: Columbia, MD preferred
Reporting Relationship: Senior Associate, Data Services Manager
Grade: Senior Associate
Consortium Health Plans (www.consortiumhealthplans.com) is an independent company that focuses exclusively on its member / owner Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans’ national account growth efforts. Today, BCBS Plans serve more than 27 million total national account members, which represents over a quarter of the 103 million total Blue Cross Blue Shield members (one in three Americans).
Consortium Health Plans strives to position Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans as the preferred carrier of national accounts. Of the 27 million national account members covered by BCBS Plans, nearly 25 million (92%) hail from Consortium’s 21 member Plans.
Consortium Health Plans is proud of its team of experts in healthcare, technology, software development, data and analytics, actuarial science, underwriting, sales and marketing, and communications. Consortium’s executive leadership team encompasses a broad range of expertise, from strategic planning, benefits consulting, clinical delivery and data analytics, to sales and account management, marketing, and staff development.
Conduct analyses and develop databases to support the development and operations of products and services that demonstrate the strength and economic value of Blue Cross Blue Shield networks.
Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans are seeking new innovative approaches to grow their National Account client base. Consortium Health Plans is seeking a versatile high-performer with a passion for health care who can work collaboratively with Consortium staff and member Plans.
This individual would work closely with the actuarial and technical teams to evaluate and implement data process improvements based on the market requirements and business specifications.
The candidate must have a keen eye for details and innate problem-solving skills; ability to develop technical solutions and efficiently query large databases to transform, enhance and resolve problems in Plans’ data.
- Research and analyze large volumes of raw, complex data from multiple sources
- Prepare and communicate the key findings of data analyses to sales and actuarial customers
- Apply complex business rules to enrich and transform data into actionable information to support strategic goals and initiatives
- Profile and conduct preliminary analyses of data to assess quality, completeness and integrity of source data
- Develop processes to clean, map and transform the data
- Research and resolve data issues impacting Plan and market level performance indicators
- Collaborate with Plans’ staff to develop business solutions/patches to fix identified data issues
- Interact with other departmental staff to efficiently integrate healthcare analytics with other departments and activities
- Adhere to policies, procedures and programs protecting confidential and proprietary data and information
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience working with large complex databases and development of processes to analyze, clean and transform raw data into useful actionable information
- Minimum 6 years of experience using SQL, SAS and other business intelligence applications to perform quantitative/statistical analysis
- Minimum 4 years of experience in the healthcare industry
- VBA experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or other quantitative field preferred. Experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
Attributes and Competencies
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact collaboratively with internal staff and develop relationships with Plans’ staff and consultants
- Self-directed, assertive, and flexible in a high-volume and changing work environment
- Ability to work under pressure, and commit to strict deadlines
- Strong organizational and process improvement skills
- Position requires extensive phone and computer work
Why work at Consortium? Here are 10 great reasons:
- You will hit the ground running on your first day, and learn something new every day after that.
- We offer competitive salaries, a bonus structure, a cash balance pension, and a safe harbor 401(k).
- We have a flexible work schedule and a very generous holiday and paid time-off program.
- We value your drive to continue your education and will support eligible employees through our tuition reimbursement program.
- We are a diverse, highly credentialed group of professionals.
- We are great at what we do and are looking for smart people to join us.
- Our work has an impact on the one-in-three Americans who receive top-notch healthcare benefits through Blue Cross and Blue Shield Companies.
- As a team, we support our local community, and we support team members who raise funds for charitable causes.
- Our company is located next to the Columbia Mall, several great restaurants, the award-winning Toby’s Dinner Theatre, and Merriweather Post Pavilion, a nationally ranked outdoor concert venue.
- We offer free parking and easy access to Route 29 and I-95.