Location: Columbia, MD / Virtual
Reporting Relationship: Executive Director, Chief of Staff
Grade: Sr. Associate / Director
Consortium Health Plans (www.consortiumhealthplans.com) is an independent company that focuses exclusively on its member / owner Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans’ national account growth efforts. Today, BCBS Plans serve more than 27 million total national account members, which represents over a quarter of the 103 million total Blue Cross Blue Shield members (one in three Americans).
Consortium Health Plans strives to position Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans as the preferred carrier of national accounts. Of the 27 million national account members covered by BCBS Plans, nearly 25 million (92%) hail from Consortium’s 21 member Plans.
Consortium Health Plans is proud of its team of experts in healthcare, technology, software development, data and analytics, actuarial science, underwriting, sales and marketing, and communications. Consortium’s executive leadership team encompasses a broad range of expertise, from strategic planning, benefits consulting, clinical delivery and data analytics, to sales and account management, marketing, and staff development.
The Sr. Associate Strategy and Business Operations will support Consortium’s transformation in support of the National Account strategic plan. The Sr. Associate Strategy and Business Operations will also serve as a direct partner to Consortium’s Chief of Staff in all executive matters.
Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans are seeking new innovative approaches to grow their National Account client base. Consortium Health Plans is seeking a versatile high-performer with a passion for health care who can work collaboratively with Consortium staff and member Plans to execute dynamic, transformational strategies.
This individual would work closely with the Consortium’s Chief of Staff to support strategy development and ensure successful implementation of those strategies. Preferably, this leader would draw upon experience from roles of increasing responsibility in a management consulting firm, a health care consulting firm, or equivalent – with expertise in strategy development, data analysis and project management. Specific health care experience is not a prerequisite.
The Sr. Associate Strategy and Business Operations must have strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) and a clear understanding of how to use the role and associated influence to increase the overall effectiveness and clock-speed of the Consortium team.
- Provide direct support to the Chief of Staff for all CEO-led initiatives, priorities and responsibilities. Chief of Staff responsibilities include thought partnership, corporate strategy creation / iteration, KPI tracking, written material development, key meeting facilitation, interface with other Blue System entities, stakeholder management, etc..
- Directly lead key strategic initiatives and work streams in support of the Blue National Account strategy.
- Coordinate Consortium support functions as they execute both annually recurring core processes and a transformation of the Consortium operation model in support of the Blue National Account strategy.
- Ensure Consortium Executive Leadership Team and Department Heads are successfully tracking toward completion of all Corporate and Departmental goals.
- Support Chief of Staff in the development and execution of Board agendas.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in strategy development, data analytics, project management.
Attributes and Competencies
- Strong executive presence with excellent presentation and consultative skills
- Ability to take complex topics and distill key messages to a variety of constituents with meaningful impact
- A collaborative, team orientation
- Ability to actively listen to stakeholders, and create alignment through the use of reason, data and empathy.
- Intellectual curiosity and an openness to orthogonal thinking
- Solid risk assessment ability, with an orientation to take bold, intelligent and well-executed risks
- A bias toward action, practicality and execution, demonstrating appropriate attention to detail
- Strong management potential, with a passion for developing team members
- Demonstrated results orientation, with associated perseverance and resilience
- A deep-rooted desire to positively impact U.S. healthcare
Why work at Consortium? Here are 10 great reasons:
- You will hit the ground running on your first day, and learn something new every day after that.
- We offer competitive salaries, a bonus structure, a cash balance pension, and a safe harbor 401(k).
- We have a flexible work schedule and a very generous holiday and paid time-off program.
- We value your drive to continue your education and will support eligible employees through our tuition reimbursement program.
- We are a diverse, highly credentialed group of professionals.
- We are great at what we do and are looking for smart people to join us.
- Our work has an impact on the one-in-three Americans who receive top-notch healthcare benefits through Blue Cross and Blue Shield Companies.
- As a team, we support our local community, and we support team members who raise funds for charitable causes.
- Our company is located next to the Columbia Mall, several great restaurants, the award-winning Toby’s Dinner Theatre, and Merriweather Post Pavilion, a nationally ranked outdoor concert venue.
- We offer free parking and easy access to Route 29 and I-95.