Location: Columbia, MD
Reporting Relationship: Executive Director, Infrastructure & Service Management
Consortium Health Plans (www.consortiumhealthplans.com) is an independent company that focuses exclusively on its member / owner Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans’ national account growth efforts. Today, BCBS Plans serve more than 27 million total national account members, which represents over a quarter of the 103 million total Blue Cross Blue Shield members (one in three Americans).
Consortium Health Plans strives to position Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans as the preferred carrier of national accounts. Of the 27 million national account members covered by BCBS Plans, nearly 25 million (92%) hail from Consortium’s 21 member Plans.
Consortium Health Plans is proud of its team of experts in healthcare, technology, software development, data and analytics, actuarial science, underwriting, sales and marketing, and communications. Consortium’s executive leadership team encompasses a broad range of expertise, from strategic planning, benefits consulting, clinical delivery and data analytics, to sales and account management, marketing, and staff development.
We are looking for an experienced Computer Technical Support Associate to join the EIT team. The Computer Technical Support Associate provides internal systems analysis and customer technical support which includes diagnosing and resolving computer workstation hardware and software, telephone, network, operating system, printing, and Internet access issues. The Computer Technical Support Associate must have diverse technical knowledge, excellent time management skills and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution.
- Work with all CHP employees to assess current systems, identify problems, and understand specific requirements to improve user experience
- Work closely with the IT team to develop, test, and implement new systems and solutions
- Ensure pertinent systems, user guides, and training documentation are complete and current.
- Serve as the first point of contact for employees seeking technical assistance over the phone, email, or in person
- Perform onsite and remote troubleshooting and determine the best solution through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Perform, install, upgrade, move, and change computer workstation hardware and software, printers, and other peripheral devices
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services to users
- Record events, problems, updates and their resolution in ticketing system (Jira)
- Analyze and suggest possible improvements to help desk related process and procedures
- Performs other information technology duties as required to support the end users
Qualifications and Skills
- 2-5 years of experience in a help desk support role or troubleshooting issues
- Strong technical knowledge of PCs, laptops, printers, and peripheral hardware devices
- Strong working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, mobile device setup, and diagnostic software
- Working Knowledge of basic networking, VMware VDI set up, and configuration of desktops (Virtual and Physical)
- Experience working with A/V equipment
- Customer Service Oriented
- Jira Service Desk experience a plus
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline preferred. Experience in lieu of education will be considered.
- Ability to travel locally and nationally to provide IT support at events or other offices (<10%)
- After hours and weekend work required
- Position requires extensive phone and computer work
- Individual is expected to lift up to 50 lbs, push, pull, reach, bend on occasion
Why work at Consortium? Here are 10 great reasons:
- You will hit the ground running on your first day, and learn something new every day after that.
- We offer competitive salaries, a bonus structure, a cash balance pension, and a safe harbor 401(k).
- We have a flexible work schedule and a very generous holiday and paid time-off program.
- We value your drive to continue your education and will support eligible employees through our tuition reimbursement program.
- We are a diverse, highly credentialed group of professionals.
- We are great at what we do and are looking for smart people to join us.
- Our work has an impact on the one-in-three Americans who receive top-notch healthcare benefits through Blue Cross and Blue Shield Companies.
- As a team, we support our local community, and we support team members who raise funds for charitable causes.
- Our company is located next to the Columbia Mall, several great restaurants, the award-winning Toby’s Dinner Theatre, and Merriweather Post Pavilion, a nationally ranked outdoor concert venue.
- We offer free parking and easy access to Route 29 and I-95.