Location: Columbia, MD / Minneapolis, MN / Virtual
Reporting Relationship: Executive Director, Strategic Insights
Consortium Health Plans (www.consortiumhealthplans.com) is an independent company that focuses exclusively on its member / owner Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans’ national account growth efforts. Today, BCBS Plans serve more than 27 million total national account members, which represents over a quarter of the 103 million total Blue Cross Blue Shield members (one in three Americans).
Consortium Health Plans strives to position Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans as the preferred carrier of national accounts. Of the 27 million national account members covered by BCBS Plans, nearly 25 million (92%) hail from Consortium’s 21 member Plans.
Consortium Health Plans is proud of its team of experts in healthcare, technology, software development, data and analytics, actuarial science, underwriting, sales and marketing, and communications. Consortium’s executive leadership team encompasses a broad range of expertise, from strategic planning, benefits consulting, clinical delivery and data analytics, to sales and account management, marketing, and staff development.
The Business Analyst is a customer-facing position. The BA will work internally with an interdisciplinary team of economists, statisticians, actuaries, software developers, and other health care professionals to support the sales and retention of Blue Cross Blue Shield national accounts with advanced analytical tools, methods, and services. The Business Analyst will support the development and operations of products and services that demonstrate the strength and economic value of Blue Cross Blue Shield networks.
- Assist with investigation into potential data issues
- Work with the Product Owner to develop detailed requirements, user stories, and business rules for application development in an Agile framework
- Participate in User Acceptance, QA, and Regression Testing
- Assist in operation, refresh, and production support of production systems
- Coordinate with vendors and clients to resolve questions/issues regarding data
- Assist in data intake and analysis processes
Qualifications and Skills
- • Minimum of three (3) years of data analysis experience
- At least three (3) years of experience in business analysis practices
- Marketing, product launch, product roadmap experience helpful
- Knowledge of health care industry is preferred
- Strong oral and written communication
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, or business related field. Experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- SQL and data driven analytical application experience
Attributes and Competencies
- Innate ability to solve problems
- Prioritize complex projects with ongoing deadlines
- Relationship building through excellent communication, collaboration and team orientation
- A bias toward action, practicality and execution, demonstrating appropriate attention to detail
- Demonstrated results orientation, with associated perseverance and resilience
- Self-manage priorities, commitments and deadlines
- A desire to positively impact U.S. healthcare
- Position requires extensive phone and computer work
Why work at Consortium? Here are 10 great reasons:
- You will hit the ground running on your first day, and learn something new every day after that.
- We offer competitive salaries, a bonus structure, a cash balance pension, and a safe harbor 401(k).
- We have a flexible work schedule and a very generous holiday and paid time-off program.
- We value your drive to continue your education and will support eligible employees through our tuition reimbursement program.
- We are a diverse, highly credentialed group of professionals.
- We are great at what we do and are looking for smart people to join us.
- Our work has an impact on the one-in-three Americans who receive top-notch healthcare benefits through Blue Cross and Blue Shield Companies.
- As a team, we support our local community, and we support team members who raise funds for charitable causes.
- Our company is located next to the Columbia Mall, several great restaurants, the award-winning Toby’s Dinner Theatre, and Merriweather Post Pavilion, a nationally ranked outdoor concert venue.
- We offer free parking and easy access to Route 29 and I-95.